Clay County Family

Hello! I am a relatively-new Clay County resident. My husband and I have been in West Virginia for two years this March. I am definitely interested in who else might be in the vicinity that is part of this forum, and what your story may be.

3 Likes

I visited the Clay County Courthouse today, and am unable to switch to the ACT party presently. They said there is one voting event still happening, and that I can switch next week.

Did they say why you couldn’t switch?

I’m sorry. I thought I had sent the reply this afternoon. They were vague, but said that there was a voting event, basically, still in the works that made it impossible to switch currently

Is anyone else from Clay or Calhoun County planning to attend the March 5 class in Weston? My husband and I should be signing up tomorrow. Sue had said a week ago that there were only 14 signed up, and if there aren’t 20, they’ll have to cancel.

what part of clay county are you in…im in knawha but not too far from clay county

Hey, I am willing to do what I can in Clay County, I lived in Lizemores for 10 years.
Anyways, I’m here to help, I live in Fayette county now.

2 Likes

I am in Nebo, near the Big Otter exit off I-79.

1 Like

FYSA, Laura McGinnis will, if we get her organized, mount a challenge to unseat the current Speaker of the House of Delegates, Roger Hanshaw.

This is a strategic priority.

@LauraMcGinnis, before you switch, please ensure that switching parties will not disqualify you from running in the General Election in November 2022.

5 Likes

Great meeting y’all last night!

It was great meeting all of you! I learned a lot, and am excited about the future.

1 Like

I have two questions: How do I invite my husband to this forum? He just got onto Telegram. Second, I am really at a loss with finding a Treasurer for my campaign. I am actually looking out-of-State, but prefer someone in this group, or if you know someone, please. I’d like to name someone by Thursday.

1 Like

Finally found it. Here I am, and will do all I can to help out.

5 Likes

Send him the link to the page so he can register.

1 Like

I did, and he has been accepted… Welcome to the conversation, Mr. Doug!

2 Likes

Would you feel comfortable with talking to me about possibly being the Treasurer to my campaign for the House of Delegates, or, would you know of someone I could ask? It requires careful record keeping and scheduled reporting of finances to the State. They would also need to handle keeping a bank account for the campaign’s use, and reimburse volunteers for supplies, event expenses, and sometimes, travel.

1 Like

1 Like

1 Like

I filed my Pre-Candidacy Announcement yesterday!

2 Likes

I am officially a candidate for the ACT Party in Clay County/District 62! I filed my Declaration of Candidacy in Charleston today.

1 Like