Signature Campaign

S. Marshall Wilson for West Virginia Governor
Signature Collection Procedures

Thank you, for offering to invest your time, effort, and capabilities into the signature campaign to place S. Marshall Wilson on the 2024 ballot as the Constitution Party Candidate for Governor of West Virginia. This campaign is not about Marshall; it is about the following message:

“We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed… (The Continental Congress 1776)”

Our purpose is to establish Constitutional governance in West Virginia, and we intend to do so by hiring a Chief Executive of the state government (a Governor) who will uphold these principles and hold up the government to these principles.

Marshall has upheld the Principles of Liberty as a Soldier, a Commander in combat, a missionary in the jungle, a father of nine, and a two-term West Virginia Delegate. He will continue to uphold the principles of Liberty for the remainder of his life to ensure that his kids can raise their kids in a free, just, prosperous and secure land.

In West Virginia, a candidate who is not affiliated with a political party that has ballot access must petition to be placed on the general election ballot. The petition must be signed by a specific number of registered West Virginia voters. Any registered West Virginia voter of any affiliation may sign the petition. To be considered valid, the voter’s signature must appear on a signature sheet designated for the county in which the voter is registered to vote. (If you collect signatures at an event which is attended by voters from various counties, you will need to provide signature sheets designated for each county and ensure that the voters sign on the appropriate signature sheet.) The signature may be illegible but must be recognizable as the voter’s standard signature. The voter’s handwritten information (printed name, address, and date of birth) on the signature sheet must be clearly legible. Campaign volunteers may offer to assist voters by printing their information on the signature sheet but the volunteer may not sign for the voter. The WV Secretary of State will not count any signatures that do not meet the above requirements.

Our target is to collect 16,000 valid signatures of registered West Virginia voters to place the name “S. Marshall Wilson” on the 2024 general election ballot as the candidate for Governor from the Constitution Party.

Signing this petition indicates only that the voter who signs is willing to see Marshall’s name placed on the ballot.

Please ensure that each signature collection volunteer has a clear hard copy of the Authorized Credentials for each county for which you collect signatures and that it is readily available for display to any voter or official who requests it.

To determine how and where to return completed signature sheets, please contact the Signature Campaign Coordinator, Catherine Moles, at catherine.d.moles@protonmail.com.

Again, thank you, and, as Marshall says, “Stand fast. We will meet you on the High Ground.”

Below is a blank signature sheet. Please be certain to write in the appropriate county in both spaces.

You will find the County Credential Sheet with each County Discussion Group in this forum. Search for the county you need using the search tool in the top right corner of the forum

7 Likes

thank you…todd got me in …terri storer and karin polk are also on the petition team

2 Likes

Is there a way to print these instructions?

1 Like

Just copy / paste them and print.

we will aso have a walkthrough sheet if someone needs a short step by step go to

if yall dont see your counties credentials be patient keep checking some counties have not been recieved yet

2 Likes

please keep track of any receipts for printing and mileage going door to door …the treasurer will appreciate it

3 Likes

I don’t have a reason to think otherwise, but want to confirm here: We can sign one of our own signature forms, right?

5 Likes

yes you most certainly can

2 Likes

please drop a hi in your respective county forum so we know you are here

1 Like

the question was brought up and i have avoided posting about it here until i had a definite answer. should any of you come upon a coherent person wishing to sign petition but for some reason (such as a stroke) cannot sign but must use a mark…it is legal provided you have two witnesses. in this situation use a single petition sheet for that person . have the witnesses indicate they are witnesses and make sure they provide information to be contacted by… place a small note on the sheet or attach a sticky note indicating why the person used a mark…if any witness wants to sign the petitions they should sign on a regular sheet separately from the marked sheet…(witnessing a mark does not count as a signature for a petition) any questions please ask…i know people are anxious to get to gathering signatures. if your counties credentials aren’t available to you please wait to gather signatures until its available (which should be very soon) we need to do this by the book. we don’t want to risk having an entire counties petition thrown out …and no i have not heard of this occurring just wanted to emphasis the need to wait on credentials

3 Likes

We currently have 54 of the 55 County Credentials to collect signatures.
Preston County is having email issues and is unable to receive our request.
One of our team members has taken responsibility for the mission to personally visit the offices of the Preston County Clerk to collect that credential.
Meanwhile, there is nothing preventing our signature campaign from collecting signatures in the other 54 counties.
In Berkeley, Richard Paul has already established a signature event at Mountaineer Meat Smokers in Martinsburg on Saturday, January 29, 6-9 pm.
I look forward to attending these events all over the state, but an event is not a prerequisite to collecting signatures. We can sign the forms, ourselves. We can ask friends, neighbors, acquaintances, and strangers to sign. We can ask signers to join the team, to connect with us here on this forum and to collect signatures also.
Please contact @Catherine with any questions or concerns you might have about the Signature Campaign.
Thank you for your dedication to the Principles of Liberty and your engagement in our campaign.
Very respectfully,

Marshall
Stand Fast

5 Likes

there is currently a cheat sheet for people new to the signature gathering and at the moment the letter from marshall above the blank signature sheet…were you able to access the cheat sheet from telegram and the letter above?..at the moment i do not have any business cards or pamphlets to hand out…as they become available i will post

2 Likes

on top of preston county …we are still awaiting for lincoln, marshall, mason, mercer and mingo to be uploaded to their respective forums

1 Like

@Catherine everything should be in place with the exception of Preston.
Thank you.

1 Like

thank you i just downloaded them to add to my file

1 Like

Thanks for the info. I will get started right away.

2 Likes

In July 2020, I received a letter from you at my home along with a signature sheet. It was inspiring to me. Is it possible to make this letter, or some version of it, available for us to print and share as we are collecting signatures?

5 Likes

Hello! Joining from Clay and surrounding counties…

3 Likes